Essential Questions To Ask Your Colorist Before Changing Your Hair Color
Posted on Nov 15, 2015 by Euphoria Staff
These key questions will have you leaving the salon looking and feeling beautiful
When it comes to achieving head-turning hair color, a consultation and clear communication with your colorist are the golden tickets for a happy result. But if it’s your first time in a colorist’s chair, you want a dramatic change or you’re seeing a new colorist, it can be hard to know where to start and what to say.
So we asked Ian Michael Black, Aveda Global Artistic Director, Hair Color, for his foolproof guide to getting the conversation started.
Here, Ian offers the seven essential questions to ask your colorist before taking the plunge to ensure gorgeous color every time:
1. What shade will be the most flattering to my skin tone and eye color?
2. What does the initial color involve in terms of process and how long will it take?
3. What expectations should I have for the end result?
4. What is the time frame of the first appointment, and will that vary in future appointments?
5. What is the upkeep of my color, and how often should I visit the salon?
6. How can I maintain my color in between salon visits?
7. What are the specific products that will keep my color fresh and how do I use them?
Ian suggests always having these questions on hand for open communication with your colorist. The colorist’s answers will guide you in what is appropriate for you, what will work best and what you want in a new hair color.
Share these questions with your friends on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #LivingAveda and #AvedaColor.
To keep your Aveda Color gorgeous, pick up these Aveda must haves: